What can you do? We have lots of places you can help!
One-Time Volunteer Opportunities
- Perform music for a Gallery Artist Reception – Two hour shift
- Make an hor d’oeuvre or bake a dessert for a Gallery Artist Reception
- A two hour shift weeding the garden or trying any of the “Repeat Volunteer Opportunities” below
- Help prepare for annual Holiday Showcase event (event is on or before December 7th)
- Decorate trees & rooms, move tables/chairs, bake cookies, etc
- Help at Holiday Showcase event – Two hour shift
- Refill cookies & beverages, monitor the Silent Auction tables, sell raffle tickets, etc.
- Help prepare for Chestnut’s signature fundraiser, Lift Up the Arts (LUTA) in mid-October
- Help sort & prepare silent and live auction items, table centerpieces, etc
- Assist a teacher at a Saturday Family Art Party – 9-11:30 am
- Assist a teacher at a Summer Arts Camp Week – Three hour shift
Repeat Volunteer Opportunities
- Help in the office answering phones & light office work, once a week or once a month – 2 hour shift
- Put up posters in specific part of town from a list – ~45 minutes, once a month
- Make an hor d’oeuvre or bake a dessert for our Gallery Artist Receptions
- Help with serving refreshments at our monthly Gallery Artist Receptions
- Sell/Collect tickets at concerts – One hour shift
- Bartend at performances or Gallery Artist Receptions – Two hour shifts
- Assist House Manager with duties on concert/event nights – Two hour shifts
- Flower Garden Tending – Spring planting, summer weeding & watering, mulching, etc.
- Light maintenance help – Change vacuum belt, replace light bulbs, etc, as needed
- Help with planning decorations or food for our Lift Up the Arts fundraiser
- Attend a Chestnut Committee and consider joining (Marketing, Fundraising, Class Programming, Music/Theater Programming, Building & Grounds)
- Some committees meet regularly during the day, some in the evening
We Need Teachers!
- Paid, flexible hours, classes for adults and/or children – choice of days, nights, or weekends!
- For fine arts courses & workshops
- For craft classes
- For music classes and/or lessons
- For theater, dance, etc.